The LCE mission is to:
- Be the European source for lymphoma facts and statistics;
- Build capacity for new and existing lymphoma groups in Europe and in Israel;
- Improve awareness and understanding of lymphomas;
- Coordinate cohesive advocacy efforts.
The Lymphoma Coalition Europe (LCE) is the European branch of the Lymphoma Coalition (LC). It was created in 2015 to focus on issues of regional interest and to contribute to the implementation of LC mission and activities in Europe and in Israel. LCE head office located in Paris (France), 1 avenue Claude Velfaux, was officially recognised as a declared branch of the Lymphoma Coalition by the French authorities in October 2016.
LCE is administered by the LC Board of Directors, according to the by-laws of LC. The supervision of LCE activities has been delegated to Guy Bouguet, Treasurer of LC Board of Directors and President of France Lymphome Espoir. A search is underway for a Regional Director located in Europe, reporting directly to the CEO of LC.
LCE works in close collaboration with the 39 LC member organisations located in Europe that represent 29 different countries, including Turkey and Israel. An advisory committee composed of up to 8 member representatives contributes to the development of LCE plans and activities.
The current members of LCE advisory committee are the following:
- Natacha Bolaños, AEAL, Spain
- Guy Bouguet, France Lymphoma Espoir
- Sarper Diler, Birkan, Turkey
- Matti Jarvinen, the Association of Cancer Patients in Finland
- Maja Kocic, LIPA, Serbia
- Jonathan Pearce, Lymphoma Association, UK
- Pirinka Petrova, Bulgarian Lymphoma Patients' Association
- Guy Tavori, Flute of Light, Israel